Frequently Asked Questions
It's very simple. Have you ever played a video game? If so, it will be most likely very easy. If not, usually there is a possibility to test the environment in advance so you have enough time to make yourself familiar with it. Reach out to the organizers of your event, if this option will be available.
We highly recommend to use mouse to operate in the 3D world. You can handle it by using touchpad or other pointing device, but mouse is just the most convenient.
Also, you can watch the introduction video to get yourself familiar with the world in advance and also take a look at "Do you have any tips & tricks to enjoy the 3D world more?"
Please check the following:
- If you have a corporate computer and use a VPN, disconnect from it
- If you are on a corporate network and it can be assumed that you use a firewall, proxy server, or other tools blocking or restricting access to the Internet, try to connect differently - via wifi for guests, mobile data, DMZ, etc.
- Pause antivirus or desktop / personal firewall, disable proxy server if you are using them
- If you are using macOS, upgrade to the latest version (minimum Catalina 10.15.7, ideally Big Sur 11.0.1)
3D world is fully functional with Windows 10 64-bit or macOS (Catalina 10.15.7 or above).
In addition, you need internet connection with the network bandwidth required for the video conference or stream. If your computer manages Zoom/Teams/Skype/other tools, you are good to go.
However the app is quite power thirsty, so please do not forget to plug in your charger.
We highly recommend to use mouse to operate in the 3D world. You can handle it by using touchpad or other pointing device, mouse is just the most convenient.
Of course 😉
The best thing to start with is to watch the video tutorial and then there is a few more features:
- If you want to leverage the maximum area of your screen, turn of the "full screen" mode - which can be done either via Menu / Settings or by pressing "Alt-Enter" keys. This is usefull also in case the lower edge of the screen is overlaped by the Windows taskbar (which is the case if you cannot see e.g. the Mic / Video buttons on the lower right).
- If you would like to quickly send a text message, just hit "Enter" key and continue typing your message. By hitting "Enter" again, you send the message. This trick can be used to quickly greet someone you pass by or if you meet someone out of the chat-zone.
- Would you like to send message to a specific person? Click on "Users" button on lower left, choose from the list of the people in 3D world (listed alphabetically). Click on "message" and continue typing your message, sending it by "Enter". Chat in the 3D world is not made for long letters and discussion, rather to transfer short messages like where to meet and chat or exchange information you need - phone, e-mail or code for the raffle, LinkedIn profile or web.
- Would you like to make a selfie screenshot and the chat window or other controls are ruining the view? Just hit "Ctrl-H" and make them dissapear. Second push and they are back.
- The same thing with your Avatar - is it in the way, blocking view on a poster or stage? Hit "Ctrl-P".
- Would you like to wave, dance or explore other gestures? Hit "E" and choose from the selection.
The environment is quite graphics intensive so it needs significant performance. But you can help the situation by going to Settings and decreasing the "Max avatar visibility distance" to 10 m. Then you can try to gradually increase it.
Yes. We have prepared a "chat-zones" where you can meet other participants and talk to them.
The same as at the offline venue, interacting while having refreshment or standing in the queue. All you need is the camera and microphone.
Every attendee has a name flag above his virtual person. All attendees can be seen in chat and you can easily connect and meet in the online environment.For better understanding, you can watch the videos from the 3D world:
👉 3D world introduction
👉 user experience from one of our previous events
👉 user manual - how to operate the 3D world
You can interact with all venues' participants. You are able to do that either through the "chat-zones" or in the zoom meeting room.